Friday, December 27, 2013

Chilli Prawn Spaghetti recipe

If there is one thing that we found difficult to find, it's a decent gluten free pasta. I now buy the San Remo spaghetti and fettuccini. For other pasta ie. penne, spiral etc I choose another brand but I'll leave those details for another post. 

Here is my Chilli Prawn Spaghetti recipe, I hope you enjoy it. 

Ingredients: 
250 g San Remo gluten free spaghetti
20 to 25 raw prawns (I use the frozen prawns from Aldi)
2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tbsp chopped parsley
4 tbsp olive oil
Shaved Parmesan, to serve

Method:
Add spaghetti to rapidly boiling water. Use LOTS of water and stir for at least 2 minutes to avoid the pasta sticking together. 
Meanwhile, heat 3tbsp olive oil. Add prawn, chilli flakes and crushed garlic. Cook 2-3mins until prawns are cooked. Turn off heat. Add chopped parsley and remaining 1tbsp olive oil and stir to combine.
Drain cooked spaghetti and mix through the chilli prawn mixture.
Serve topped with shaved Parmesan.

Enjoy!

If you try this recipe please let me know how it turned out for you by commenting below. 





No comments:

Post a Comment