Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Vanilla cake mix

Coles supermarket have come out with a gluten free range of products including cake mixes. We have been slowly working our way through the products. This week I tried the gluten free vanilla cake mix.


This cake mix is Australian made which, sadly enough, isn't too common here in Australia. Points to Coles for making this product right here in Australia!

I started off well enough. Added the required ingredients and cake mix into my mixing bowl

Mixed it all together for the required time. I noticed this mix was quite a bit thicker to what I was used to

Baked the mix in the oven for 45 minutes. I checked the mix after 40 minutes but found it definitely needed the extra 5 minutes. 

Once the cake had cooled I made up the icing as per the packet directions. I found the icing to be a bit on the thin side and not of the same consistency as depicted on the box - but then, when does anything actually resemble the box!?!  

I iced the cake and left it on the bench. I came back to it to take a photo and hubby had already taken a slice!

Overall, not a bad cake mix. I think next time I may add a small amount of olive oil to the mix to make it a little more moist. It didn't crumble like most gluten free cakes and it was devoured within 24 hours. 

For the price I'd definitely recommend it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment